Ten Thousand Villages, Austin's only 100% Fair Trade retailer, is currently looking for customer service-oriented volunteers who are interested in sharing our mission and helping our customers. Customer service volunteers are especially needed on Saturdays and Sundays, with weekday shifts also available.
- People person - confident approaching customers and working in a team environment
- Good listening and communication skills
- Experience in retail/sales/customer service is beneficial, but not required
Why volunteer with Ten Thousand Villages of Austin? Check out some of the perks!
- 15% volunteer discount
- Flexible scheduling
- Monthly volunteer social hours
- Quality training and education opportunities
- Laid-back atmosphere
Ready to get involved? Contact Alex Peters, our Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-440-0440 for more information about our next New Volunteer Orientation!
Ten Thousand Villages also has opportunities for operations support, administrative, and visual merchandising volunteers. See http://www.tenthousandvillages.com/austin#volunteer for more info!
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Retail / Sales
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- 2 shifts per month (~8 hours total per month)