Can you imagine fleeing your homeland to save yourself or your family, only to feel incredibly isolated in your new home because you cannot speak the native language? This is the reality of many immigrants and refugees living in the Tampa Bay area.
Help your neighbors learn English at the High Point Branch YMCA. Join a group of talented teachers, volunteer tutors and local students coming together weekly. It is more than teaching or learning English; it is building a stronger community together!
- ESL classes are held every Monday and Thursday from 6pm-8pm.
- No experience necessary.
- Training is provided.
- Typically, a volunteer will choose one evening a week to help.
- Placement is not guaranteed until orientation.
- Tutoring is one-on-one or in small groups.
- We need help! Respond today!
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Monday &/or Thursday evenings 6pm-8pm