Serious inquirels only!! Must have 4- 6 hours max a week to give, be committed to our mission, and effiticely communitate witht the fournders!!!!
Looking to make an impact on the world? Than join our team.
Up Rising Stars Inc. is actively seeking interested and qualified individuals to join our Board of Directors. Board members advise, govern, oversee policy and direction, advocate and fundraise on behalf of us to support the organization’s mission and needs. Board members have a direct and significant impact in improving the lives of the people and families we assist.
The mission is to assist young people by providing them resources that will contribute to a higher education so they can achieve success.
General Expectations: board members are expected to meet certain standards of board behavior and conduct as outlined below.
1. Know the vision, mission, purposes, goals, policies, programs, services, strengths and needs. 2. Term: Minimum of two years
3. Attend board meetings
4. Keep abreast with trends in the charity sector and other factors that will affect the work us
5. Maintain independence and objectivity and exercise fairness, integrity and ethics in the execution of their duties.
6 Represent us publicly and seek to promote the image and interests whenever appropriate.
7. The board of directors meets bimonthly. Board members are expected to attend all meetings.
8. Read the minutes of meetings and supporting materials
9. Maintain confidentiality of the Board meeting sessions, and support the final majority decision on issues discussed
* Be personally responsible for giving or getting at least $1,000 annually. This can be given personally or by getting others to give in a number of ways.
* Previous experience as a Board Member or a Board Advisor a plus.
* Experience in Finance, Accounting, Fundraising, Non-Profit Management, Business Development or Management, Grant Writing, Law, or Marketing and Communications. Experience working internationally a plus.
* Established professional and leader in given field of expertise with a network of contacts and ability and willingness to leverage them in support of Up Rising Stars Inc.
* Passion for empowerment, entrepreneurship, education, and poverty alleviation.
* Ability to attend monthly board meetings
* Ability to think critically, plan strategically and remain mission-focused in all decision making processes.
* Must maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to execute assignments and meet deadlines.
* Must have strong organizational, communication, networking, and follow-up skills.
- Resource Development / Management
- Retail / Sales
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Community Outreach
- Sales Process
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 30
- Orientation or Training
- 2 years
- Must have passion to help our youth