Are you looking for an exciting, dynamic volunteer opportunity? Would you like to serve the City of Boise, while protecting citizens and officials? Would you like to learn more about your City government and development in your community?
Join the City Hall Public Meeting Assistance Team!
You will greet the public and serve as the eyes and ears of the Boise Police Department during after-hours public meetings at Boise City Hall. PUblic meetings are typically held monday, tuesday, or wednesday evenings, and volunteers should be available for at least one meeting per month. As a benefit, you will be trained in CPR, First aid, & AED operation; educated on facility fire evacuation protocols; taught how to identify suspicious objects and coordinate response; and you will be familiarized with sweep, observation and de-escalation tactics.
- meet and greet general public/meeting attendees
- assist with accessibility
- liaise with police regarding crowd control
- assist coordinating any emergency response necessary
This is not only a great volunteer opportunity, but the valuable training and experience could be a great stepping stone for anyone interested in pursuing a career in law enforcement , security or another public safety position.
- The schedule varies, and volunteers must be reliable
- Volunteers must be 21 years or older and able to pass a police background check
- Participants are asked to commit to at least on e meeting per month (typically M,Tu or W evenings)
- Team members will be provided a partial uniform and asked to conform to a dress code
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- People Skills
- Law Enforcement
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- 1 evening per month minimum