The Volunteer College and Career Advisor will help students of all ages and their families define and develop educational career plans as well as assist with the completion of college admissions, resume-building, and financial aid applications.
This position provides an excellent opportunity to get a hands-on experience with a dynamic non-profit working with the Arab immigrant community. This is excellent preparation for individuals interested in pursuing a career in academic advising, school counseling, human resources, and social work.
- Assist students with college admissions and financial aid applications
- Help students define and develop realistic educational career plans
- Counsel students on career options and guide their development of job search skills and resume building
- Act as a liasion between students and college admissions offices
- Provide accurate and useful information about college, career and financial support opportunities
- Maintain an advising record for each advisee
- Ability to speak Arabic is desirable but not required
- Must be able to commit a few hours weekly in a consistent manner
- In college or college graduate, knowledgeable about the college admissions process
- Office Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training