Volunteer and avoid commuting traffic, Come Help Serve Dinner to 340 People!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
71 people are interested
MSC-South is 1 of the 4 programs of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco (SVDP-SF) where we strive to treat all of our guests with dignity & respect.
Dinner is offered to our 340 residential guests each and every day of the year with a side of smiles to start the day off right!
WHERE TO GO:
- Enter MSC-South through the main entrance on Bryant Street
- By-pass our line of guests & let security know which shift you're there to volunteer for
- Please introduce yourself to a staff-member (identifiable by an MSC-South ID badge) in the drop-in area or the main front-desk/reception area & ask them to direct you towards the kitchen/dining room
- Please introduce yourself to the kitchen staff, store your belongings, wash your hands & ask the kitchen staff where your help is most needed that day
for booking or more information contact Michael Alvarenga at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415-757-6493
About St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco
1237 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 200, (Admin Office), San Francisco, CA 94109, US
The St. Vincent de Paul Society was established in San Francisco more than 155 years ago and was incorporated as a nonprofit organization in 1964. It remains one of the oldest charities, as well as one of the largest social service agencies in the City. Our mission is to offer hope and service on a direct person-to-person basis, working to break the cycles of poverty, homelessness, addiction and domestic violence. We believe in recognizing the humanity in each and every one of us, no matter who we are or how we live. Every day, we welcome hundreds of women, children and men who are alone and suffering. We know from experience that no one can change or grow until they are cared for and regain stability, so that’s where we start - by showing them kindness, unconditional respect, and the support they need to begin their journey forward.
The St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco (SVDP-SF) offers 2 programs to help people overcome poverty, homelessness, addiction & domestic violence:
1) MSC-South - the largest homeless shelter in Northern CA, supporting approximately 400 people a day, every day of the year, by providing shelter, two meals a day, case management, and various other services.
2) Riley Center - our program that offers safe and confidential supportive services, community resources, and shelter to domestic violence survivors and their children.
We could not possibly accomplish all that we do without our generous and hard-working base of volunteers. Please see our current volunteer opportunities to see how you can help us advance our mission!
We'll work with your schedule.
525 5th StreetSan Francisco, CA 94107
- Cooking / Catering
- Food & Beverage Services
- Food Service
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- close-toed shoes & clothing that covers arms / legs