Relay For Life of Willow Glen Needs Youth Champions!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
4 people are interested
Youth Champions are strong advocates for building youth engagement in Relay For Life within their communities.
Individuals in this role are a voice and outward facing champion for the Relay event within the youth market in their community. They are outgoing and willing to speak and build relationships with schools and youth-based groups about the event with the goal of engaging youth in cancer awareness, education, and fundraising activities to grow Relay For Life participation and income. This can be in the form of new teams, committee members, survivors, caregivers, or individuals, as well as Relay Recess and Relay Field Day events. Contact Mary Beth Myers for more information: 408.688.0120 or email@example.com.
Specific tasks can include:
• Develop relationships with and serve as the primary contact for decision makers at elementary schools, middle schools, high schools, school districts, sports groups, and other youth organizations.
• Recruit youth teams and individuals to participate in Relay For Life.
• Assist Survivors and Caregivers Lead with youth survivor and caregiver recruitment.
• Work with the Logistics Lead to ensure risk management measures are in place to protect youth participants.
• Work with the Entertainment and Activities Leads to ensure there are games and activities geared toward all ages at Relay.
• Work with local elementary and middle schools to host Relay Recess or Relay Field Day programs to support the community Relay For Life event.
We'll work with your schedule.
Entire Community of Willow GlenSan Jose, CA 95125
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 1-3 hours per week depending on time of year
- Plus up to 30 hours on event weekend