Relay For Life of Silicon Valley North Needs a Logistics Lead!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
11 people are interested
The Logistics Lead is primarily responsible for providing a safe, comfortable, and seamless experience for all Relay For Life participants.
Individuals in this role are organized and pay strong attention to detail in order to manage a comprehensive event execution plan that represents the mission and tradition of the American Cancer Society Relay For Life event within the community. Contact www.relayforlife.org/Siliconvalleynorthca
Specific tasks include:
* Organize and create implementation plan for site selection, event schedule, event layout, signage, electrical and mechanical materials, restrooms, trash and signage, tents, safety, risk management, contingency location, security, medical support, set-up and clean-up needs.
* Collaborate with Community Champions and Projects Manager to recruit and train day-of event volunteers.
* Assist with coordination of hospitality planning and execution.
* Ensure that all American Cancer Society risk management standards, guidelines, and
procedures are adhered to.
* Work with the Relay For Life Specialist, Event Lead, and Experience Lead to determine appropriate vendors and to secure necessary items for logistic needs.
* Meet monthly or bi-monthly with the Experience Lead to discuss goals and progress.
About American Cancer Society - Relay For Life
7000 Village Parkway, Suite E, Dublin, CA 94568, US
The American Cancer Society is the nationwide community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives, and diminishing suffering from cancer, through research, education, advocacy and service.
The American Cancer Society Relay For Life is a life-changing event that gives everyone in communities across the globe a chance to celebrate the lives of people who have battled cancer, remember loved ones lost, and fight back against the disease. This is the signature event of the American Cancer Society and the largest community activity of its kind. At Relay, teams of people camp out at a local high school, park, field, or fairground and take turns walking or running around a track or path. Each team is asked to have a representative on the track at all times during the event. Relays are 24-hour overnight events to represent the fact that cancer never sleeps.
We'll work with your schedule.
Entire Community of SunnyvaleSunnyvale, CA 94086
- People 55+
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- 1-3 hours per week depending on time of year
- plus up to 30 hours on event weekend