Seasons Hospice is looking for Direct Patient Care Volunteers available to visit patients throughout the Santa Clara County.
As a Direct Patient Care Volunteer, you would be providing the patient and/or family with emotional support and companionship. Many of our patients are Spanish-speaking. Volunteer activities with patients include: reading out loud, listening to music, doing crafts, listening to patients’ stories, but most of all, becoming a friend to someone dealing with terminal illness.
If you are looking for a rewarding volunteer opportunity, then this is for you!
Orientation and training to be a Seasons Hospice Volunteer is extensive, but very valuable.
All volunteers must:
- Initial paperwork packet completion
- Interview and paperwork review session with Volunteer Coordinator
- Untarnished criminal background history
- Motor vehicle report with no more than 3 moving violations within the past 36 months
- A physical, offered to you at no cost
- Tuberculosis skin test, offered to you for free at our office
- Video Modules, Virtual Classroom and Chit Chats
Additionally: Direct Patient Care Volunteers will complete a Volunteer Training Day, as well as additional self-study modules and competencies. Direct Patient Care Volunteers must be 18 or older.
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- Bereavement Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment