Lend an ear, hold a hand, or share your heart-Volunteer!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
25 people are interested
- Clerical and adminstrative duties with no patient contact/
- Read to a patient/Hold a hand/Lend an ear/
- Stay with patient while family members take a needed break or keep an appointment/
- Shop or run errands/
- Look through photo albums/
- Help patients write or tell their life stories/
- Help with makeup, hair, or polish fingernails
- Veterans honor Veteran patients at bedside/Share vet stories together/
- Crafts, projects, or activities at facilities
- Collect donations for hospitality welcome bags/
- Music,Art, or Pet Therapy
- Holiday or Birthday Celebrations
- Simple home repairs or housekeeping
As a volunteer coordinator I fully understand the misconceptions, fears, and concerns you may have about being a hospice volunteer. While our patients are catagorized as terminal, many of our patients simply live at home and need help with errands or would benefit from your love and companionship. I will NEVER assign a volunteer to a patient who is actively passing. I know that is what most people visualize when I say hospice volunteer. That is not the case. I would love to offer you the opportunity to experience the amazing feeling of making a difference in a patient and family's life. The family you may be able to help could be someone you already know and love in your community. You won't know, unless you become one of our highly trained, compassionate volunteers. Apply today!
DeAnna Baird Sonnier
We'll work with your schedule.
Beaumont & Golden Triangle AreaBeaumont, TX 77713
- Music Therapy
- Administrative Support
- Keyboard Instrument
- Public Relations
- Elder care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Time committment varies by assignment
- Drug screen, Auto Insurance