Become a Hospice Volunteer -
Our focus is on living!
What types of things does a hospice volunteer do?
- Visit and listen to the patient: let them share their life story.
- Just be a friend; watch TV, sports or simply read to them.
- Assist in running errands or helping with light housework.
- Provide respite for caregivers, allowing them to do errands.
- Assist in the hospice office making phone calls or in various clerical roles.
- Be a B.E.S.T.- (Bedside Emotional Support Team) to someone dying alone.
- Assist in bereavement support to families
Do you have a special talent you would like to share; musical, juggling, flower arranging, sewing, etc.?
Learn more about training and get started:
Contact Susan Scholz, Director of Volunteer Services at 877-672-7610, ext. 6821 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training