Do you have one hour a week to visit a lonely but friendly senior in Los Alamitos? The senior traveled to many countries in his younger years and has an interesting background. Looking for a socialable volunteer who can carry on conversation.
We have an immediate need for a friendly visitors in this area.
You provide the caring heart and we can provide the trainings and tools for you to become a Friendly Visitor and change the life of a senior.
Volunteer is not required provide transportation, medical or personal care. Volunteer is able to schedule his or her own volunteering hours.
*The Friendly Visitor is one of many free programs to seniors, offered by Volunteer Action for Aging.
-18 years of age or older
-one time training
-background check (paid by our organization)
-1 year commitment
-1 hour a week
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One hour per week
- Teach Senior How to Use Computer...
- Cerritos Senior who Speaks...
- Biligual Mandarin Volunteers...
- Smokers Who Love Cats Please Be...
- Be a Friend to a Lonely Senior
- Thanksgiving Day Volunteers
- A Sweet and Lonely Senior is...
- Bi-Lingual Spanish/English...
- Teach a Senior About Cellphone...
- Teach Seniors How to Use Their...
- Thanksgiving Day Volunteers -...