The Security Department at the Pacific Battleship Center is responsible for the Safety and Security of Guests, Staff, and Property. This is accomplished by assessing risks, determining threat levels, and the development and execution of the Safety and Security plan. The security department is also responsible for other duties as assigned. Recognizing that Pacific Battleship Center exists solely for the benefit of the public, both through providing tours and information and by preserving the historic Battleship Iowa, Security's role is multifaceted.
We provide the following:
- A safe and enjoyable experience for our visitors and staff
- Protection of artifacts aboard the Battleship from loss or damage by vistors and staff
- First response and emergency coordination in the event of injury
- Crowd Control
- Access Control
- Physical Reception (aft Quarterdeck) including the receiving of shipments and non-tour visitors.
Trust, Integrity, Service, and Professionalism are the hallmark of the security staff.
Become part of a diverse and knowledgeable crew. We have a good time, and plan several social functions each month. Interviews are arranged by appointment. There is no age limit, but you must be at least 18, have good stamina and be able to handle ladders. Scheduling is flexible, with an equivalent minimum requirement of 4 hours per week or 4 shifts per month.
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexable equivalent of 4 hours per week
- Complete our online application. www.pacificbattleship.com/volunteer and click on Sign Up Today!