The Community Service Society's Next Door Project (NDP) is a unique civic engagement volunteer opportunity for adult New Yorkers 55 and over who believe in second chances.
Volunteers are trained in basic NYS Law to serve as record repair counselors for people with conviction histories looking to stabilize their lives. Most clients are referred by employment training programs. For a minimum of three (3) hours a week, NDP volunteers can help a participant with a conviction history map a pathway out of poverty.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- A minimum of 3 hours a week, 1 year commitment.
- Become a Literacy Program...
- Become a Citizenship Tutor
- "Help Bring the Internet to...
- Healthy Habits Teacher
- Chinese Interpreter
- "A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned"
- Help feed hungry New Yorkers. (...
- Client Advocate
- Make a Difference! Make a Food...
- Caregiver Coach
- Help homebound seniors organize...
- Administrative Assistant Volunteer
- Outreach Volunteer
- Food Pantry Intake Manager
- Volunteer Interpreter
- Korean Interpreter
- Help Families and Individuals...
- English for Speakers of Other...
- Attend Orientation to be a...