The World is Fun (TWIF) is a Seattle based charitable social club that is focused on connecting Seattleites with the nonprofits that need their support in a fun and engaging way. Our organization creates group volunteer opportunities, unique fundraising events and engaging ways for communities to connect.
TWIF operates entirely on volunteer power. Each of our volunteer staff members agrees to 8-10 flexible hours per month, which makes our events, programs and volunteer core of over 4,000 people possible.
For more information about TWIF please visit http://www.theworldisfun.org
TWIF is an Equal Opportunity Organization.
Reporting to and in partnership with the Volunteer Director, the Nonprofit Liaison will support The World is Fun’s mission to connect volunteers with nonprofit agencies. The Nonprofit Liaison will consistently have their finger on the pulse of Seattle’s volunteer opportunities and seek out opportunities for our volunteers to participate in.
- Identify, cultivate and sustain relationships that fit with The World is Fun’s mission.
- Seek new volunteer opportunities and maintain volunteering calendar.
- Work closely with the Volunteer Coordinator Team to identify volunteer needs.
- Find new ways to engage TWIF in the community.
- Prepare monthly reports on volunteer opportunities.
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and Access
- Strong commitment to TWIF’s mission and goals
This position requires a commitment of 8-10 hours per month for a minimum of one year. We offer a lot of flexibility in when and how you complete those hours and many of the tasks and responsibilities can be done remotely, working online, at a time that is convenient for you. Every staff member is required to attend a monthly team meeting.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter and resume online at: http://www.theworldisfun.org/apply
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 8 - 10 hours per month for a minimum of one year.
- Finance Coordinator
- Graphic Designer
- Volunteer at Cathedrals...
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Office Coordinator
- Website Coordinator
- Public Relations Coordinator
- Food to those in need at Food...
- Social Media Coordinator
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Volunteer Sherpa
- Volunteer at artSea
- Development Coordinator
- Board Member
- Grants Writer
- Nonprofit Liaison