Relay For Life of Mid Peninsula Needs a Marketing Lead!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
6 people are interested
The Marketing Lead creates, develops, and implements marketing and publicity to raise awareness of the Relay For Life event.
Individuals in this role will be able to coordinate, prepare, and implement a publicity and marketing strategy. Additionally, they will be familiar with or willing to learn how to utilize the resources, tools, and resources available to promote and market the event.
Specific tasks include:
* Assist Online and Social Communications Lead in cultivating relationships with contacts in media outlets and other promotional organizations.
* Plan and implement strategies for event promotion, marketing materials, and resources.
* Assist Online and Social Communications Lead in messaging for online promotion.
* Provide opportunities for Event Leadership Team, Team Captains, participants, and volunteers to share stories.
* Develop relationships and serve as the primary contact with media outlets and other organizations with a broad reach including newspapers, radio, and television outlets, etc.
* Leverage relationships with business contacts and other supporters to promote the Relay For Life event and Event Leadership Team efforts.
* Works with the Experience Lead and Relay For Life Specialist to ensure that all marketing materials are available for the committee and teams in a timely manner.
* Meets monthly or bi-monthly with Experience Lead to discuss goals and progress.
About American Cancer Society - Relay For Life
7000 Village Parkway, Suite E, Dublin, CA 94568, US
The American Cancer Society is the nationwide community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives, and diminishing suffering from cancer, through research, education, advocacy and service.
The American Cancer Society Relay For Life is a life-changing event that gives everyone in communities across the globe a chance to celebrate the lives of people who have battled cancer, remember loved ones lost, and fight back against the disease. This is the signature event of the American Cancer Society and the largest community activity of its kind. At Relay, teams of people camp out at a local high school, park, field, or fairground and take turns walking or running around a track or path. Each team is asked to have a representative on the track at all times during the event. Relays are 24-hour overnight events to represent the fact that cancer never sleeps.
We'll work with your schedule.
Entire Community of Redwood CityRedwood City, CA 94063
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-3 hours per week depending on time of year
- Plus up to 30 hours on event weekend