We are looking for 4 Wednesday morning volunteers from 8am-12noon. Volunteers sort through food donations, stock our shelvse and serve our clients in our Food Pantry. West Valley Community Services (WVCS)* Food Pantry volunteers are a vital part of our orgnaization. This is a great opportunity for volunteers that like to get moving and serve clients in a direct way!
- providing direct customer service to our clients
- set up and clean up of the food pantry
- unloading, sorting and stocking donated goods
Volutneers are asked to volunteer for 1 shift per week, for at least 8 consecutive weeks. Closed-toed shoes are required. The Wednesday morning shift is from 8am-12noon at our office in Cupertino.
*West Valley Community Services (WVCS) is a basic needs organization that serves people in need in the Cupertino, Los Gatos, Monte Sereno, Saratoga, and West San Jose areas. The mission of WVCS is to encourage the sharing of community resources, to provide basic human needs in a caring and dignified environment, and to provide opportunities for volunteers to participate in WVCS' activities.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 8-week minimum commitment please
- Can comfortably lift 40 pounds
- Food Pantry - Monday Morning
- Translator/Interpreter (as...
- Be a Financial Coach! (English...
- Food Pantry - Monday Mornings
- Grocery Pick-up - Wednesday...
- Grocery Pick-up - Monday...
- Receptionist - Wednesday Morning
- Grocery Pick-up - Friday...
- Grocery Pick-up - Thursday...
- Food Pantry - Tuesday Mornings
- Receptionist - Tuesday Afternoon