Help kids transitioning out of homelessness succeed in school!
Goal of Position: Kids transitioning out of homelessness face many challenges: poverty, lack of connections in their new community, uncertainty about their future housing. Many are also refugees and are adjusting to their new surroundings. But the one challenge our young residents should be able to focus most on is academic success to make their futures bright.
Schedule: This opportunity is available throughout the school year.
- We are looking for an energetic youth leader to facilitate enrichment activities and games on Mondays from 4-6pm.
- We are also looking for high quality homework tutors to support academic studies on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4-6pm.
If you think you are the right first please complete our volunteer application today and check the box for "Youth Development"
- Math / Science Instruction
- Literacy / Reading
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- At least 3 months, 2 hours per week
- Program runs Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 4pm-6pm