Leader for Living Well with Chronic Pain
7 people are interested
Living Well with Chronic Pain is a participant educational program for adults experiencing chronic pain. We are looking for people to be trained as workshop leaders for the Arrowhead Region.
Become a Leader for the Living Well with Chronic Pain program.
The idea leader should have completed the 4-day Chronic Conditions Leader training or hold a current leader certification.
Living Well with Chronic Pain covers subjects such as:
- Techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, isolation, depression, and poor sleep.
- Appropriate exercise for maintaining an improving strength, flexibility, and endurance.
- Education about appropriate use of medications.
- Learn how to communicate effectively with family, friends, and health professionals.
The overall goal is to enable participants to build self-confidence to assume an active roll in managing their chronic pain.
Once trained you and a partner leader can lead a 6-week structured workshop in your community; you can determine your schedule for when to facilitate a workshop.
To learn when the next Leader Training class will be please visit www.yourjuniper.org or call Georgia Lane, 218-529-7525 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost of the 2-day training is $100. We have scholarships available that could provide transportation and other ancillary costs for people willing to go to Grand Rapids and complete the training. There are limited scholarships available upon request.
We'll work with your schedule.
221 West 1st StreetDuluth, MN 55802
- Adult Education
- Patient Care
- Life Coaching
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Lead two workshop series within one year.
- Need to complete the required training class.