Would you love to become a companion for those in need?
We are looking to add more compassionate care team members to our current Volunteer Program. There is a real demand for members on the east side of Houston.
Our mission is to enrich the quality of life of those diagnosed with a terminal illness. At Vantage Hospice we focus on quality of care, for the end of life. Our direct care volunteers provide companionship, caregiver relief, as well as emotional and sometimes spiritual support.
Direct Patient Care: A companion and friend for patients who are primarily elderly. Family/patient support and caregiver relief needed.
Volunteer Role Might Include But Not Limited To:
- Visiting with a patient, while displaying good active listening. Generally patients like to reminisce and share about their life history. Life review is often offered.
- Read novels, scripture, the rosary, a devotional or whatever a patient prefers.
- Play games in room or community.
- Participate in community activities.
- Visit patient with your registered pet.
- Offer sensory activity.
- Provide a therapeutic presence.
***We rely heavily on the help of our volunteers, if interested please contact Tracy Roth at email@example.com directly. You may call me at 832-865-0410.****
****We hope to hear from you soon! **
Other Related hashtags: senior, senior care, elderly, nursing home, volunteer, patient care, patient interaction, pet therapy for patients, caregiver, friend, compassionate
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Patient Care
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- TB Test