Relay For Life of Mid Peninsula Needs Team Ambassadors!
The Team Ambassador is instrumental in the fight against cancer. They are the coach and mentor to a small group of Team Captains (5-10) from the Relay For Life event. Individuals in this role serve as the main point of contact for his or her Team Captains and are an extended support for the team members themselves. They demonstrate a commitment to help teams meet and exceed their fundraising goals, utilize tools and resources, and engage in the mission of the American Cancer Society. The Team Ambassador must be flexible and adaptable to the teams’ needs for information and tools, and their role will ensure teams and participants experience personal satisfaction while contributing to our goal to finish the fight against cancer.
Specific tasks can include:
* Build relationships with team captains and team members year-round (before, during, and after the Relay event). Serve as the primary point-of-contact for his or her teams.
* Identify the monthly venue and method for team gatherings that works for the small group. Ensure regular ongoing communication with teams between meetings including quick response time.
* Have at least one monthly check-in call with team to go over recruitment and fundraising goals and progress.
* Work with the Fund The Cure Lead to help provide fundraisings tools, ideas, and timelines for fundraising activities for teams.
* Motivate, encourage, and recognize teams through mentoring.
* Troubleshoot questions to ensure all team captains feel informed, equipped, and empowered to be successful in their role.
* Participate on Team Ambassador conference calls and meetings, as well as in local Event Leadership Team meetings.
* Ensure all teams are knowledgeable and ready for the Relay For Life event by providing logistical guidance.
* Reliable and accountable to his or herself, Team Captains, and committee/Lead Ambassador.
* Knowledge of Relay For Life and the mission of the American Cancer Society.
* Track record of fundraising and recruitment success.
* Skills necessary for success: coaching, mentoring, organization, oral and written communication.
We'll work with your schedule.
Entire Community of Mid PeninsulaRedwood City, CA 94062
- People 55+
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- 1-3 hours per week depending on time of year
- Plus up to 30 hours on event weekend