Relay For Life of Mid Peninsula Needs an Online & Social Communications Lead!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
4 people are interested
The Online and Social Communications Lead ignites the passion for Relay For Life online within their community.
Individuals in this role are an online voice and connector to the community’s Relay For Life event. They are comfortable in using a variety of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Relay Nation, forums, etc.) and are willing to learn ways to support and engage Relay participants through the online fundraising website.
Specific tasks can include:
* Update and maintain the Relay For Life event website with the critical information necessary to have a successful Relay event including: agendas, meeting notes, pre- fundraiser details, etc.
* Engage people through the Relay For Life event Facebook page.
* Update and maintain Relay For Life event Twitter feed.
* Coordinate with the Fundraising Lead to promote fundraisers on social media.
* Communicate through coaching emails from the Relay For Life event website.
* Correspond and support online registration needs from participants.
* With the Recognition Lead, recognize teams, participants, sponsors, etc.
About American Cancer Society - Relay For Life
7000 Village Parkway, Suite E, Dublin, CA 94568, US
The American Cancer Society is the nationwide community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives, and diminishing suffering from cancer, through research, education, advocacy and service.
The American Cancer Society Relay For Life is a life-changing event that gives everyone in communities across the globe a chance to celebrate the lives of people who have battled cancer, remember loved ones lost, and fight back against the disease. This is the signature event of the American Cancer Society and the largest community activity of its kind. At Relay, teams of people camp out at a local high school, park, field, or fairground and take turns walking or running around a track or path. Each team is asked to have a representative on the track at all times during the event. Relays are 24-hour overnight events to represent the fact that cancer never sleeps.
We'll work with your schedule.
Entire Community of Mid PeninsulaRedwood City, CA 94062
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-3 hours per week depending on time of year
- Plus up to 30 hours on event weekend.