Relay For Life of Mid Peninsula Needs a People Lead!
The role of the People Lead is simply put, to bring the people. This critical role serves as the recruitment and engagement expert of the Event Leadership Team.
Individuals in this role lead the recruitment and engagement of Relay For Life teams and participants, survivors and caregivers, as well as the Relay For Life Event Leadership Team members. Individuals in this role possess strong leadership and mentoring skills. They are comfortable developing and cultivating relationships within the community while representing the American Cancer Society and the Relay For Life event.
Specific tasks can include:
* Work with the Relay For Life Specialist to ensure that training of role and resources takes place.
* Assist Event Lead and Relay For Life Specialist in recruiting Event Leadership Team members.
* Assist and mentor Community Champions and the Survivors and Caregivers Lead.
* Provide guidance and support in recruitment of event participants and volunteers.
* Regularly communicate with Team Ambassadors regarding event-specific information.
* Work with the Event Leader and Relay For Life Specialist to create and execute development strategies to grow the participation and quality of the event with utilization of benchmarking strategies.
* Making the ask of individuals, organizations, and local leaders to get involved with the Relay For Life event.
* Discuss fundraising goals with the Event Leader, Fund the Cure Leader, and Relay For Life Specialist to ensure that recruitment is helping achieve those goals.
* Review recruitment benchmarks on a monthly or bi-monthly basis with the Event Leader and Relay For Life Specialist to ensure goals are being met.
We'll work with your schedule.
Entire Community of Mid PeninsulaRedwood City, CA 94062
- People 55+
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- 1-5 hours per week depending on time of year
- plus ups to 30 hours on event weekend