English Opens Doors Program: Teach in Chile for Free with the UN and Chilean Ministry of Education!
WhenMon Jul 24, 2017 - Sun Nov 26, 2017
WhereLibertador Bernardo O'Higgins 1146Santiago, 8331016CL
Volunteers with the English Opens Doors Program in Chile are native or near-native English speakers from 21-35 years old who hold a bachelor's degree or equivalency. Volunteers work (teaching, as well as planning and executing extracurricular activities) a minimum of 35 hours per week in Chilean public schools under the supervision of Chilean head teachers.
Volunteers pay no fee to participate, and visa fees are waived by Chilean consulates abroad. Volunteers receive:
- Volunteer allowance of 70.000 CLP per 30 days of service
- In-country health insurance
- Food and accommodations with a host family
- In-country transportation
- Online Spanish course
- Week-long orientation in Santiago
- In-country and pre-departure support
2017 Service Dates are:
- March 20, 2017 - July 23, 2017 - Closed
- April 3, 2017 - November 25, 2017 - Closed
- July 24, 2017 - Nov. 26, 2017 - Accepting Applications!
For more information, visit http://www.centrodevoluntarios.cl/
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- At least 35 hours per week.
- Have completed a bachelor's degree from an accredited university and be between 21 and 35 years old.