Relay For Life of Mid Peninsula Needs a Ceremonies Lead!
The Ceremonies Lead oversees all ceremonies that take place throughout the Relay For Life event. Individuals in this role are creative, organized, and familiar with or willing to learn about the mission, history, and tradition of the American Cancer Society ceremonies.
Specific tasks include:
* Plan and coordinate the Relay For Life event ceremonies.
* Collaborate with Luminaria Lead to develop and implement the Luminaria ceremony.
* Collaborate with Relay Activities Lead and Relay Entertainment Lead regarding schedule of events.
* Collaborate with Survivors and Caregivers Lead to ensure survivor and caregiver ceremonies are meaningful and impactful.
* Collaborate with Mission Lead and ACS CAN Lead to develop and execute motivating Celebrate, Remember, and Fight Back Ceremonies that empower participants to take action in their fight against cancer.
* Collaborate with Event Leadership Team to develop and execute Spirit of Relay ceremony.
* Meet monthly or bi-monthly with the Experience Leader to discuss goals and progress.
About American Cancer Society - Relay For Life
7000 Village Parkway, Suite E, Dublin, CA 94568, US
The American Cancer Society is the nationwide community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives, and diminishing suffering from cancer, through research, education, advocacy and service.
The American Cancer Society Relay For Life is a life-changing event that gives everyone in communities across the globe a chance to celebrate the lives of people who have battled cancer, remember loved ones lost, and fight back against the disease. This is the signature event of the American Cancer Society and the largest community activity of its kind. At Relay, teams of people camp out at a local high school, park, field, or fairground and take turns walking or running around a track or path. Each team is asked to have a representative on the track at all times during the event. Relays are 24-hour overnight events to represent the fact that cancer never sleeps.
We'll work with your schedule.
Entire Community of Mid PeninsulaRedwood City, CA 94062
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Between 1-3 hours per week depending on time of yr
- Plus up to 30 hours on event weekend.