You Can Do DAT!: Disaster Action Team-Trainee
5 people are interested
The Red Cross responds to a disaster every eight minutes; house fires are usually the major perpetrators of those emergencies. The Red Cross is looking for enthusiastic, energetic, and passionate individuals to become Disaster Action Team (DAT)volunteers. Red Cross responders provide food, shelter, and comfort to individuals who have been affected by everyday disasters.
OPEN TIME DAYS
Choose your availability for rotation schedules
Requires availability to be ?on-call? for a block of time each month. (Days and/or nights, weekends)REQUIRED TRAINING
Training required to serve on a Disaster Action Team:
- Disaster Services: An Overview (Online)
- Disaster Action Team Fundamentals
- First Aid/CPR/AED (No charge for DAT Volunteers)
With the training above members can be involved in assisting on chapter responses and will develop skills through experience.
To be taken within the first six months of involvement based on the work to be performed.
- Client Services: Providing Emergency Assistance
- Client Assistance Cards: Caseworkers (Online)
- Disaster Assessment Fundamentals (Online)
- ShelterFundamentals (Online)
Go to www.redcross.org/volunteer to complete an online application and start your volunteer journey today!
We'll work with your schedule.
135 Market StreetWashington, NC 27889
- Data Entry
- Disaster Response
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- minimum of one week a month on call time
- 1 Year Commitment requested. May remain DAT team member as long as participation, training and volun