Foundation for Second Chances' mission is to utilize hand-on education, mentoring, health and community awareness to maximize the potential of youth. We work to empower youth to achieve and sustain academic and personal success by developing positive life habits and breaking through limiting societal stigmas. We are in need of an innovative and motivated Volunteer Coordinator. The intern will learn about and support Foundation for Second Chances volunteer recruitment plan.
The Volunteer Coordinator should have the ability to communicate with, supervise and empower volunteers to be effective in their roles. The ability to work cooperatively with different types of personalities. Ability to work both independently and as a member of a larger staff team. Detailed oriented and organized. Volunteer Coordinator will be responsible for: recruiting and matching volunteers according to organization needs and skills and interests; drafting and posting volunteer opportunities to various online sites; leading and participate in volunteer training; ensuring adequate number of volunteers participate in scheduled organization events; communicating with organization staff and committees regarding volunteer needs; communicating and follow up with prospective volunteers as necessary and attending volunteer fairs sponsored by organization sponsors, periodically.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Fundraising and Development...
- Communications Committee Member
- Community Service Co-Chair
- Program Assistant
- Mentors for High School Students
- Programs Committee Member
- Community Service Committee...
- Experienced Event Planner for...
- Program Planner
- Communications Co-Chair
- Event Planning Volunteer
- Communications Assistant
- Health Fair Planning Commitee
- Donor Relations Coordinator
- Event Planning for 15 year...
- Volunteers for Wine Tasting Event
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Event Planning for Fitness Game...
- Social and Special Events...