ABOUT THE INSTITUTE
Launched in 1997, the mission of the Institute for Immigrant Concerns is to equip a citywide population of adult immigrants and refugees of all nationalities with ESOL skills, computer training, job readiness, and referrals for social services thus empowering them to succeed in their quest for social and economic independence. Since its inception the Institute has provided services to 8,000 immigrants, refugees and asylees from 112 countries. Institute students have included an economist from Guinea, a hotel housekeeper from Columbia, a yak herder from Tibet, a butcher from Peru, a sailor from Burma, and a Togolese journalist. The common ground for our students is their incredible motivation and the support they give to each other as they struggle to become self-sufficient.
The Institute is seeking a well-organized, motivated college/graduate student or recent graduate who is eager to gain hands-on grant writing experience at a busy Manhattan non-profit. Intern will work directly with the Institute Director to draft and edit grant proposals, develop proposals for fundraising campaigns, research potential donors and sponsors, and assist with the development and implementation of special events.
- Current college/graduate student or recent graduate
- Strong writing and research skills
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills as well as ability to work independently
- Proficient in MS Office
- Knowledge of foreign language(s) a plus
Note: This internship is unpaid; school credit may be available depending on your institution. Interns are expected to work 15 hours a week.
Position open until filled.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Fundraising and Development Intern
- Technology PC Analyst - Review...
- Assist ESOL Teachers
- Chinese Speaking, Program...
- Japanese Speaking Program...
- ESOL Teachers for Adult Immigrants
- Korean Speaking Program Assistant
- Spanish Speaking, Program...
- French Speaking Program Assistant
- Bilingual Adminsitrative...
- Marketing Assistant