If you value the contributions of those who have served our country as members of the US Armed Forces, you can express that appreciation in a real way by helping us serve hospice patients who are veterans. If you are:
- A veteran;
- Active or Reserve with any branch of US Armed Forces;
- A spouse, parent or other family of veteran or active/reserve member of US Armed Forces, or;
- Anyone with a special connection to the men and women who have served,
UH Hospice is a We Honor Veterans partner seeking volunteers with an understanding of military culture who can assist us in best identifying and serving the needs of veterans who are in their final stage of life. Volunteers are needed in Ashtabula, Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain, Medina, Portage and Summit counties. Scheduling is flexibile and volunteers serve in locations most convenient to them. Time commitment is 1-4 hours per month depending on patient requests.
- Spiritual Healing
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-4 hours per month; flexible
- TB test provided by agency
- Sewing Skills? Make Memory Bears...
- Hospice visitors, Portage...
- Hospice Volunteers bring peace...
- Sit bedside with hospice...
- Party Planners Help Us Show...
- Veterans Visiting Veterans:...
- Licensed Hair Care Professionals...
- Sew handmade cheerful hospital...
- Join a Threshold Choir; sing...
- Hospice Storywriter/Scribe