21 people are interested
Bilingual volunteers are needed to help our Spanish speaking clients in both our Trenton food pantry. Assistance is needed with client intake information and food shopping. We really could use your talent and expertise! Food pantry hours are Monday-Thursday from 9:00am-12:00pm.
About Arm In Arm
123 East Hanover Street, Trenton, NJ 08608, US
Partnering with our community to achieve stability for our neighbors in need. The dignity of all people guides our actions daily, from clients to office staff to volunteers to work trainees. It drives our Hunger Prevention program’s choice model, our Housing Stability model that includes shared financial responsibility from clients, and the work and service aspect of our workforce development program. Arm In Arm is a non-sectarian and non-proselytizing organization with no political mission. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, sexual identity, age, ethnicity, religious status, or national origin.
Arm In Arm, formerly the Crisis Ministry, serves people from every Mercer County municipality. Our accessible sites serve neighbors in need through highly respected programs in Hunger Prevention, Housing Stability, Workforce Development, and Driver’s License Restoration.
- We served 4,441 households with high-quality food, nutrition education and health screening in 2016.
- In 2016, we helped 681 families stabilize their housing through assistance with back rent or mortgage, rapid re-housing and security deposit help, utilities back payment, and case management.
- We provided job skills and employment readiness training for 47 adults with children in 2016 through our workforce development program.
- We improved the employment prospects for 59 women and men through our driver’s license restoration program.
- In addition to sustained core support from Trinity and Nassau Presbyterian churches, Arm In Arm benefits from meaningful engagement with over 60 congregations of different faiths and with schools and colleges, businesses, and community service organizations from the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts to the Rotary Club.
- Volunteer participation is vital to the success of Arm In Arm in fulfilling our mission. On average, volunteers contributed over 450 hours of service each month in 2016.
We'll work with your schedule.
48 Hudson StreetTrenton, NJ 08611
- People 55+
- 3 hours per shift - regular commitment appreciated