Many children can’t afford the most basic school supplies. Without the proper tools to do the work, children are challenged to achieve academic success. Many compassionate teachers pay for school supplies from their own pockets so their students have a more productive, efficient learning experience. The Houston Food Bank's Teachers Aid program provides the supplies kids need to succeed at no cost to the teachers we serve.
Volunteers can choose convenient weekday shifts to help:
- stock and organize items on the shelves
- prepare the area for teacher pick-ups
On Saturdays, volunteers:
- greet teachers
- assist with shopping
- stock and organize school supplies
- General Education
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 13
- Orientation or Training
- One or more shifts per wk, 9am-2pm or 3-6pm
- Be the Face of the Houston Food...
- Court Mandated Volunteering at...
- Be a Houston Food Bank Volunteer!
- Volunteer Scheduler
- Earn an A+ as a Teachers Aid...
- CORE Specialist
- Help End Child Hunger in our...
- Social Media Ambassador
- Kid's Cafe
- Volunteer Programming Assistants
- Backpack Buddy Site Monitors
- Make a Difference. Be Inspired. ...
- Administrative Volunteers Needed...