The Venice Family Clinic's Volunteer Services Department provides support to all the Clinic's programs through recruitment; screening, placement, training, and retention of qualified volunteers who can help carry out our mission of providing quality healthcare to people in need.
Depending on the intern’s experience and qualification, this role may including managing:
- Special Event Volunteers
- Clinical Volunteers
- Physician and Spealist Recruitment
We are seeking an intern that will assist with the following:
- Managing and auditing Volgistics database
- Processing volunteer applications, orientations, and trainings
- Planning events such as trainings, info session, fundraising events, and recognition events
- Exposure to non-profit/healthcare work environment and volunteer management
- Practice working with volunteers that come from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Experience with Volgistics, a web-based database management (similar to Razors Edge and SalesForce)
- Superior communication skills, both over the phone and in person.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Self-starter with a proven ability to find solutions to problems both independently and in collaboration with a team.
- Strong attention to detail without losing sight of the bigger picture, conscientious approach to work and ability to anticipate needs and be proactive.
- Monitors and double-checks work and information for accuracy and quality.
- Sound judgment and discretion in handling sensitive information.
- Ability to contribute a minimum of 8 hours per week.
- Current enrollment in any College/University.
- Able to commit to 8 hours per week for at least 3 months (during normal business hours)
- Must be required to support major fundraising events (dates TBD; evening and weekends may be required)
Send a resume and cover letter to VFCvolunteer@mednet.ucla.edu with the title: Volunteer Management Intern Application [Applicant Name].
An applicant's resume should include detailed work experience, his/her current GPA, and any relevant extra-curricular activities in which s/he may be involved. Cover letters should explain the applicant’s interest in becoming a member of the Venice Family Clinic and how they feel they would be a beneficial addition to the organization.
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Event Planning / Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 8 hrs/wk for 3 months during normal business hours