McKinley Rose Garden - Volunteers are needed to keep this beautiful rose garden beautiful! The garden is located at 33rd and H Streets in McKinley Park. Volunteers will work independently on their own schedule to help dead-head the public garden’s 1,200 rose bushes. Both newcomers and experienced volunteers are needed working weekly or bi-weekly in a beautiful oasis of green grass and blooming roses. Experienced volunteers use their own by-pass clippers and work gloves to remove spent flowers and place into plastic garbage cans provided at site. Volunteers are reminded of the need with email updates. Volunteers report their time worked via email after completion. Inexperienced volunteers can schedule a 15 minute training session and then work on their own. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. The garden is managed and maintained by nonprofit Friends of East Sacramento.
- Habitat Restoration
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- Sacramento Zoo's Ice Cream Safari
- Special Event Volunteers
- Lewis/Didion Park Spruce-Up
- "Lady Bird" Rose Garden Work Days
- Glenn Hall Park Adopt-a-Park Day
- Haggin Oaks Golf Course Volunteers
- Historic City Cemetery - ADOPT A...
- Visit Sacramento
- McKinley Rose Garden Stewards
- Sacramento CERT Academy Disaster...
- Tour Guide
- Land Park Volunteer Corps
- Gardening Volunteers
- City Parks Beautification
- Social Media and Communications...
- Seymour/Wenzel Park Spruce-Up
- Treasury Consultant - CPA
- Community Days