West Valley Community Services (WVCS)* is looking for volunteers to be Financial Coaches for our Financial Coaching Program. All volunteers are required to go through a 1-hour orientation with a staff member and 2-hour training with our lead volunteer Financial Coach. We are also specifically looking for a financial coach who can fluently speak Spanish for our Spanish speaking clients!
The Financial Coaching Program provides WVCS' clients the opportunity to work directly with you, a trained volunteer financial coach. Volunteers and WVCS clients meet monthly, over the course of 12 months, to identify financial goals, to learn money management, understand their credit score and repairing credit, and create a savings plan. This is a FREE program to our clients and we are looking for several volunteers to be a part of this awesome program!
Financial background is preferred but not required. Please contact us if you are interested. You must contact us in order to be a part of a training. You are only required to attend one of the training dates.
*West Valley Community Services (WVCS) is a basic needs organization that serves people in need in the Cupertino, Los Gatos, Monte Sereno, Saratoga, and West San Jose areas. The mission of WVCS is to encourage the sharing of community resources, to provide basic human needs in a caring and dignified environment, and to provide opportunities for volunteers to participate in WVCS' activities.
- Financial Planning
- Financial Service Assistance
- Financial Literacy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Monthly for 2 hours, for 12 consecutive months
- Fluent in Spanish
- Food Pantry - Monday Morning
- Translator/Interpreter (as...
- Be a Financial Coach! (English...
- Food Pantry - Monday Mornings
- Grocery Pick-up - Wednesday...
- Grocery Pick-up - Monday...
- Receptionist - Wednesday Morning
- Grocery Pick-up - Friday...
- Grocery Pick-up - Thursday...
- Food Pantry - Tuesday Mornings
- Receptionist - Tuesday Afternoon