Love horses? Volunteer with a local nonprofit horse rescue organization
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
169 people are interested
- Horse Care - Hands on horse care, mucking stalls, feeding, grooming, first aid, property maintenance, etc.
- Information Booth - Help with educational programs presented by VEWS. Help at information booths by assisting in setting up the booth and speaking to the public about horse neglect/abuse and inform the public about VEWS and our mission.
- Fundraising - Help organize and work fundraising events like formal fundraising events, information/merchandise booths, sell raffle or event tickets, concessions, sales and other special events.
- Transporter - Move horses where needed. Must have own truck and trailer.
- Miscellaneous - VEWS needs volunteers for many things that come up periodically or are a one-time occurrence.
- Barn Checks Follow up on fostered and adopted equines and do facility checks on potential adopters or foster homes
- Horse Training - Many horses that come into VEWS will not have received proper training in their former life. It is the intention of VEWS to provide proper ground and under saddle training, where necessary, to ensure the horse has the best chance of being adopted and finding their forever home.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
Hanover County, nearAshland, VA 23005
- Animal Therapy
- Animal Care / Handling
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- barn shifts are approx 1-2 hours each
- Children need to be accompanied by a parent