Time is all you need to support a child in Foster Care
43 people are interested
A CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) volunteer is an integral factor in a child's life in foster care. Children in foster care that have a CASA volunteer spend an average of 8 months less in foster care. You can make that difference happen with just a little of your time.
As a volunteer your basic requirements are just a few! You will be expected to:
- Visit your assigned foster child(ren) a minimum once a month.
- Write recommendations for court hearings
- Attend the court hearings, if possible, to support your foster child.
All volunteers are welcome - All you need to succeed is the willingness to connect with a child in the foster care system and support their best interests. You WILL make a difference in the life of a child!
Our next orientation class begins in January 2019. Please complete an application online at https://www.alcovycasa.org/get_involved
or contact Monica Laguaite at email@example.com 678-625-1246
We'll work with your schedule.
Walton CountyMonroe, GA 30655
- Child Welfare
- Child Advocacy
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Youth Services
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Once a month visit with child, write report
- Training 30 classroom, 10 hours of court observation