Suicide Postvention- outreach & support for survivors of suicide loss
DONATE TO THIS
44 people are interested
Franklin County LOSS (Local Outreach to Suicide Survivors) is seeking volunteers to receive training and join our team in creating a Community of Hope for those who have lost a loved one to suicide.
As a volunteer, you give support through various roles in our organization.The LOSS team provides follow up and outreach to survivors, offering hope and guidance through resources in the community.
We rely on our trained and passionate volunteers to help us provide these programs to the community:
- First Responder- working with the coroner's office, we provide support for survivors immediately or soon after their loss. This requires two roles:
- On-call Phone Dispatcher
- On-call first responders (we respond in teams of two and teams always include a survivor of suicide loss.
- *We have a critical need for qualified volunteers to be available on weekdays. Even one weekday a week would be greatly helpful*
- In Touch- we communicate with and provide support for loss survivors in various ways as they move forward in their journeys.
- Companion- survivors meet one on one with a volunteer who has a similar lived experience.
- Support Groups and Events- we provide opportunties for survivors to gather together as a connected community.
- Advocacy and Education- we collaborate with and educate businesses, agencies, faith communities and more.
For every suicide death, there are dozens of survivors left to make sense of it. The Franklin County LOSS Team can help.
To learn more or volunteer with LOSS, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up for our next Volunteer Information Session.
We will be hosting a Volunteer Information Session on Tuesday, February 5th from 6PM-8PM in our office. You can register to attend by clicking on the link. http://franklincountyloss.org/events/infosession_feb2019/
We'll work with your schedule.
3040 Riverside DriveSuite 224Columbus, OH 43221
- Mental Health
- Disaster Response
- Crisis Intervention
- Bereavement Support
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training