Quixote Quest is a teen volunteer organization for dedicated high school students who want to make a difference in someone’s life. Quixote Quest has five chapters in South and Central New Jersey (Mercer, Burlington, Camden, Gloucester, & Middlesex Counties).
Quixote Quest members volunteer with projects meant to change the direction or quality of someone’s life. Some of our projects include: mentoring an economically disadvantaged child, providing therapeutic intervention for a child with a disability, recording the life stories of elders, caring and finding homes for abandoned animals, and providing education about dating violence and how to stay safe.
Quixote Quest is:
- A commitment to volunteering at least 2 hours per week for the duration of the school year.
- A commitment to attend twice-monthly gatherings for QQ members.
- An investment of your time and your heart in serving your community.
- A volunteer experience that allows teens to make a positive impact on the lives of others.
- A community for teens who are passionate about making a difference.
- A chance to join a twelve-year tradition of service and become part of the legacy of more than 600 QQ teens who have dedicated themselves to serving communities in South NJ.
- Possibly the best thing you will do in high school!
Quixote Quest is not:
- A short-term volunteer opportunity.
- A low-commitment volunteer opportunity.
- Merely an opportunity to log required volunteer hours. QQ requires a commitment of the heart not just time.
- Merely an opportunity to build a college resume. The service that Qrew members do is more than a bullet point on a resume; it is changing someone’s life.
- A one-time project like painting or gardening.
- An experience that could soon be forgotten.
- An average volunteer experience that a high school student would encounter.
- Child Development
- Literacy / Reading
- People Skills
- Animal Care / Handling
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- 2 hours weekly
- Must be in high school