Sacramento Walk to End Alzheimer's
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
75 people are interested
Help us get one step closer to finding a cure for Alzhimer's disease and volunteer at the Walk to End Alzheimer's!
Held annually in more than 600 communities nationwide, the Alzheimer's Association Walk to End Alzheimer’s is the world’s largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer’s care, support and research. This inspiring event calls on participants of all ages and abilities to join the fight against the disease. Help us make this event a success!Over 300 volunteers are needed on September 28th to make the Walk happen! There are many volunteer activities and shifts available, including:
- Set up (6am-8am): Assist with setting up chairs, tables, signs, and other materials.
- Registration (7am-11am): Welcome and check in Walk participants.
- Advocacy/Trial Match (7:30am-12pm): Ask Walk participants to join our advocacy team and/or sign up for Trail Match efforts.
- Promise Flower Garden (7:30am-12pm): Assemble and distribute "Promise Flowers" to Walk participants.
- Other activity booths (7:30am-12pm)
- Cheer team & Route monitors (9am-12pm): Stand along walk route to direct and cheer on Walk participants.
- Clean up (12pm-2pm): Assist will breaking down chairs, tables, signs, and other materials.
If you are interested in volunteering at the Walk to End Alzheimer's, please indicate in your message if you are representing a group and what time of day works best for you. An Alzheimer's Association representative will contact you with next steps.
400 Ballpark DriveRaley FieldWest Sacramento, CA 95691
- Event Management
- Public Speaking
- Event Planning / Management
- Public Advocacy
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Must be at least 14
- 3-5 hours