Communications & Marketing Intern
The Chinese Culture Foundation (CCF) is seeking a Communications & Marketing Intern.
The successful candidate will work directly with our Director of Communications and team to assist with executing the Foundation’s communications and marketing strategy.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is committed to the community and nonprofits, and wants to gain professional experience by working with on a communications campaign. Responsibilities include creating weekly social media posts (Facebook, Twitter, Weibo), drafting and editing website content, drafting/editing press releases, contacting press, planning and coordinating press conferences under the direction of the Director of Communications and larger messaging and communications plan of the organization. Other responsibilities include working with graphic designers to design visual communications for all written material, archiving press, photos, and ensuring accessibility for professional presentations, research, press packets, and other usage.
The ideal candidate has a BA in communications or marketing, a passion for the arts, enjoy working with people, and are excited about the challenges and opportunities of a vibrant community based, contemporary arts organization. Also is a plus is someone who is excited to communicate and challenge the existing narrative of the model minority myth, Chinese culture and Chinatown to show the vitality of contemporary Chinese culture and how culture can build community and social justice.
- Passionate about community, social justice, and art
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills: outgoing, energetic, people person
- Sense of humor and grace under pressure
- Willingness to learn
- Familiarity with web and social media platforms (facebook, twitter etc.)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Fluency in Microsoft Office
- Some design background helpful
- Bilingual Cantonese and English helpful
A successful candidate will possess these skills:
- Able to work under pressure and with deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Multi-task with the ability to prioritize and stay focused
- Comfortable with feedback and constructive criticism
- Able to work well with colleagues, as well as independently
This position is unpaid, recruiting for full-time in the summer. For fall, 2 days minimum in the office and 3 month commitment.
To apply, send resume, cover letter, and 2 page English writing sample to jenny[at]c-c-c.org. No phone calls please.
About the Chinese Culture Foundation
The Chinese Culture Foundation was established in 1965 during the Civil Rights era. Our mission is to spark intercultural discovery through art, education and engagement. Its primary program site is the Chinese Culture Center, located at 750 Kearny St. in San Francisco. It has a pop-up gallery in Ross Alley and has curated exhibitions at YBCA, Asian Art Museum, Berkeley Art Museum, Miami Beach Urban Studios, Silicon Valley Asian Art Center, Hangzhou and New York.
Over 148,000 constituents engaged in our programming last year, about 40% are neighborhood residents, the other are comprised of Bay Area residents as well as national and international visitors. We have engaged with a growing international audience through our trailblazing art exhibits while developing deep ties in the community through educational activities.
The Foundation is recognized as a successful pillar organization in the City, and is poised to advance to the next level of effectiveness by becoming a leader in the arena of art and cultural interchange on a national and international level.
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Nonprofit General Management...
- Gallery & Art Program...
- Archives Intern/Volunteer
- Ambassador- Chinese Culture Center
- Communications & Marketing Intern
- Gallery and Alternative Art...
- Graphic Design Intern/Volunteer
- Editorial and Content Intern
- Administrative Intern
- Chinatown Docent
- Non-profit Development and...