VITALANT (Formerly Inland NW Blood Center)
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
92 people are interested
Interested in Volunteering?
Volunteers are critical for Vitalant operations. Join a team who help to make a valuable difference for our community. Complete the interest form below or for more information call 509-232-4441.
Contact Us-- https://www.vitalant.org/Resources/Contact-Us.aspx?Form=3
* TRANSFUSION SERVICES: 8am-12pm
Couriers travel from regional headquarters in Spokane to and from local hospitals. Lab and blood samples will need to be exchanged based on urgent need. Vitalant provides all transportation vehicles and fuel for this service.
* COURIER SERVICE: Couriers travel throughout the Inland Northwest to our mobile blood drives. The blood products are picked up at the mobile site during the blood drive and are brought back to the regional headquarters in Spokane. Vitalant provides all transportation vehicles and fuel for this service.
***Couriers must be at least 19 years old***
* REFRESHMENT AREA: Provides refreshments to blood donors as a thank you for the precious gift of life they have just given. Volunteers serve the donors, answer questions, and take care of the donor's needs until the donor leaves the refreshment area. These shifts include mobile blood drives as well as several fixed site locations including Downtown Spokane, Northside Spokane, Spokane Valley, Coeur d'Alene, Lewiston and Moses Lake.
* CLERICAL: Many departments utilize volunteers to fulfill clerical needs. These include the mail room, filing and other projects, which provide valuable assistance to our staff. Downtown Spokane only.
***Clerical & Refreshment must be 16 years old with parent permission***
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
210 W Cataldo, Spokane, WA 99201, US
Vitalant exists to make a difference in people's lives by bringing together the best people, inspiring individuals to donate blood, producing a safe and ample blood supply, advancing cutting-edge research and embracing continuous quality improvement.
Vitalant exists to help people realize their life-transforming potential by offering convenient blood donation opportunities and sharing our expertise in transfusion medicine. Founded in 1943, Vitalant is one of the nation’s oldest and largest nonprofit transfusion medicine organizations. We comprise a network of nearly a dozen community blood centers, each with its own rich history and legacy. Vitalant is an internationally known and respected leader that continues to push the boundaries to advance the experience, practice and application of transfusion medicine.
Vitalant is a founding member of AABB (a professional organization that provides standards development and accreditation for blood centers) and was a driving force in the creation of America's Blood Centers (a consortium of independent community blood centers throughout the U.S. and Canada, including Vitalant). Both organizations play a major role in communicating advances in transfusion medicine nationwide.
We'll work with your schedule.
210 W. CataldoSpokane, WA 99201
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Disaster Response
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 30 hours per year