Hospice volunteering is an incredibly rewarding experience. Are you a compassionate person with time and skills to offer? Whatever your specialty or passion, there is a place for you as a volunteer with Seasons Hospice. You can increase the quality of life of patients and families who are affected by a terminal illness! You can volunteer all over Los Angeles County, at our Glendale office, or from your home!
We are currently training:
- Direct Patient Care Volunteers-- visit patients to offer companionship, support, and caregiver relief for patients all over Los Angeles county!
- Office Volunteers-- join us in our friendly Pasadena office to assist with administrative work, Monday through Friday. Hours are flexible!
- Vigil Volunteers-- offer your comfort and presence to the patient and family during the last hours of life.
- Bereavement Phone Call Volunteers-- we keep in touch with the family at specific intervals after their loved one has died. Make the phone calls that offer comfort and support.
- Namaste-- a specialized program for our dementia patients that uses light touch and sensory stimulation.
- Music Companion and Spiritual Companion Volunteers-- do you have a muscial talent or a skill for offering spiritual comfort to people? You can share that with patients and families.
- Circle of Care Volunteers-- volunteer for 2 hours a week, on Thursday evenings, by making phone calls to a group of patients to "tuck them in" for the weekend and assuring they have the supplies, medications, and support they need!
- Respite Volunteers-- offer a break to a caregiver by making one-time, 3-4 hour long visits to patients while the caregiver takes some time for themsleves.
Fill out the application at http://www.seasons.org/page/Volunteering to get started!
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training