Do you like making presentations?
78 people are interested
Present community education programs developed by Aging and Disability Services Division using scripted PowerPoint presentations and other prepared training materials. To accomplish this, volunteers will perform the following:
- Accept invitations for presentations and add them to the schedule
- Transport audio visual equipment to and from events as needed
- Transport printed program materials and supplies to and from events
- Distribute printed information about the Low Income Subsidy, Chronic Disease Self Management Program & Diabetes Self Managment Program and the Alzheimer's Disease Supportive Services Program (CarePRO) throughout the community
- Respond to general questions about the programs and be ready with referral information to assist individuals in accessing the assistance needed
Learn about this, and other volunteer opportunities at the Nevada Aging and Disability Services Division.
The session will be held at 1820 E. Sahara Avenue, 2nd floor, Suite #201, Las Vegas, NV 89104. Call Cheryl Coleman, (702) 486-2439 or email her at email@example.com to register.
About Nevada Aging and Disability Services Division
1820 East Sahara, Suite #205, Las Vegas, NV 89104, US
The Aging and Disability Services Division provides leadership and advocacy in the planning, development and delivery of a high quality, comprehensive support service system across the lifespan. This allows all of Nevada’s elders, adults and children with disabilities or special health care needs to live independent, meaningful, and dignified lives in the most integrated setting appropriate to their needs.
To fulfill our mission, the State of Nevada works largely with a volunteer corps that serves seniors and individuals with disabilities with:
- understanding their Medicare benefit plan and options available;
- protecting themselves from Medicare fraud, waste and abuse;
- learning how to live with chronic diseases, such as diabetes and high blood pressure;
- applying for low-income subsidy programs to pay for prescription drugs; and
- advocating for rights and quality of care for residents living in long-term care facilities
We'll work with your schedule.
Aging and Disability Services Division1820 S. Sahara AvenueSuite #208Las Vegas, NV 89104
- Public Speaking
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Orientation & Training time committment is 10 hour