Are you looking for easy but meaningful ways to volunteer without spreading yourself too thin? Consider volunteering or interning with us virtually. This is one organization where even busy middle schoolers, high schoolers or college students can gain more knowledge while giving back in a very short time. We believe volunteering should never be stressful, demanding, or one-sided. The volunteer and the organization should both benefit from any interaction or volunteer engagement.
Unlike other nonprofit organizations, we like to give potential volunteers easier options to volunteer for any time period (from 7days to even a year). In this role, you will be given all the tools, training, and platform access you need to fundraise easily for a few days. And this does not require any previous experience, except your passion and willingness to help children get access to school in Africa.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
Depending on why you choose to volunteer for us, there will be various perks.
1) Your work will be seen by everyone who has supported us or work with us.
2) Your work will directly impact the lives of many children who are living in dire conditions.
3) We will provide you with stronger recommendation or reference letters, and help you fill out any volunteer form you need for your school or club anytime you need it for the next 2years.
4) The experience will be advantageous to you when you apply for future jobs or for college.
5) Some college students have gotten course credit for volunteering with us, you may too.
6) With your permission, we may do a newsletter focusing on your fundraising outcomes.
7) This experience will challenge you a little, but it will help you understand why serving is important.
8) Most importantly, you will have fun. You may end up asking for more projects to work with us.
HOW DOES IT WORK:
We know this is virtual, but we will still provide a staff member who will guide you through each step during your volunteering time with us. When you apply, here are some of the steps we will cover:
1) We’ll give you an overview of this role and provide a brief 20mins training
2) We’ll develop your fundraising page with your chosen goal. In the past, some volunteers have chosen to raise money to pay tuition for a student in the same class they are in; others chose to fundraise for an entire class, and few chose to fundraise in their family name. You can decide on any goal, and we will be here to help you through that process.
3) This is the exciting part. With our help, you will share your page link with family and friends and experience a meaningful feeling when your family, friends, and teachers start supporting your page. A 16yrs old did this in 16 days and was able to raise funds for 16 children’s tuition because it was sooo easy and fun.
You’re passionate about helping people or making this world a better place
You have the ability to encourage your family or friends to support your interest
You’re either a high school student, college student, or a young professional
You have a social media account and a good character
You’re reliable and willing to ask questions or make suggestions to us
Preferably one to three week, but you will decide how long you like to volunteer
Serving with YesLiberia will also provide you an excellent opportunity to learn about Liberia’s history and progress. For instance, did you know Liberia is the only African country founded with the help of freed slaves from the USA? Did you know Liberia is the first African country to elect a female president? Sadly, Liberia is also one of only two countries in the world where young people are less educated than their parents. Let’s change this fact together from the comfort of your home!
Our mission is to empower young people through meaningful service learning opportunities in education, healthcare, and technology. We do this through strategic partnerships and learning models to utilize existing youth habits and uphold societal values in the communities we work.
Conviction created YesLiberia. Daily the needs of underprivileged are ignored. We ignore their struggles because it’s easier to deal with the more important things in our lives-- like climbing the corporate ladder and saving money so we don’t become indigent. And some of us ignore their challenges because they bring back unpleasant memories we seek to repress. But disregarding the plight of the underprivileged yields no resolution. Then certain things happen to remind us their struggles exist no matter how hard we try to pretend our needs surpass theirs.
Jallah was convicted by several of those things over a short period of time. The prostitution of children in Thailand reminded him of Liberia. The rape and war in Congo reminded him of Liberia. The genocide in Rwanda reminded him of Liberia. He remembered his underprivileged past--a past where he was seen as less than elite based on his tribal and economic status and where his education came as a gift from the United Methodist Church.
Reminded, he became convicted to act and YesLiberia was founded to educate and help underprivileged Liberians whose plight he intimately understood.
YesLiberia is a 501c3 charity organization recognized by the Internal Revenue Service since July 2009. All donations are tax-deductible to the full extent allowable by law. YesLiberia is also registered at four government agencies in Liberia.
Children & Youth
Education & Literacy
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.