Trained volunteers and their certified pets visit our patients -- bringing joy, warmth and companionship to help brighten the last days of their lives. Pet therapy can bring our patients a sense of peace and trust, and help to relieve stress. The emotional benefits of pet therapy continue long after the visit is over. Pets must have passed obedience training and be certified by a Pet Therapy Program, such as Therapy Dogs International, or a comparable program (many qualifying programs are listed on the American Kennel Club’s website).
Service areas: Brookfield, Cudahy, Oak Creek, Freedonia, Grafton, Cedarburg, Pewaukee, Sussex, Watertown, Glendale, Milwaukee, Kenosha, Racine, Lake Geneva, Pleasant Prairie, St. Francis and more.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 1-2 hours a week
- Dogs must be trained and certified
- Veterans Visit Veterans - Hospice
- End of Life Hospice Volunteer
- Pet Therapy Volunteers --...
- Hospice Volunteer
- Share a meaningful journey -- be...
- Hospice Vigil Volunteers Needed
- Craft Facilitator - serving the...
- Visiting Pets -- lifting spirits...
- Friendly Visitor
- Music Volunteer - Share Your...
- Companion Volunteer - hospice
- COLLEGE STUDENTS -- earn service...