Trained volunteers and their certified pets visit our patients -- bringing joy, warmth and companionship to help brighten the last days of their lives. Pet visits can bring our patients a sense of peace and trust, and help to relieve stress. The emotional benefits of pet visits continue long after the visit is over.
Pets must have passed obedience training and be certified by a Pet Therapy Program, such as Therapy Dogs International, or a comparable program (many qualifying programs are listed on the American Kennel Club’s website).
Service areas: Brookfield, Cudahy, Oak Creek, Freedonia, Grafton, Cedarburg, Pewaukee, Sussex, Watertown, Glendale, Milwaukee, Kenosha, Racine, Lake Geneva, Pleasant Prairie, St. Francis and more.
Counties: Milwaukee, Waukesha, Kenosha, Walworth, Ozaukee, Washington, Dodge, Jefferson, Racine
Please call 262-785-1356 or visit our website, www.aseracare.com for more information about volunteering.
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- Animal Therapy
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 1-2 hours a week
- Dogs must be trained and certified
- Actors, Clowns, Jugglers,...
- Share a meaningful journey -- be...
- Share ART projects
- Bereavement Volunteers
- COLLEGE STUDENTS -- earn service...
- Veterans Visit Veterans - Hospice
- End of Life Hospice Volunteer
- Pet Therapy Volunteers --...
- History BUFFS
- Hospice Volunteer
- Reflections/ Life Review...
- Hospice Vigil Volunteers Needed
- Craft Facilitator - serving...
- Visiting Pets -- lifting spirits...
- Friendly Hospice Visitor in...
- Music Volunteer - Share Your...
- Companion Volunteer - hospice
- Musical Groups offer Harmony of...