AseraCare Hospice seeks caring, compassionate individuals to spend an average of 1-2 hours per week visiting our terminally ill patients and their families. Volunteers spend sacred time together with patients and families by simply accompanying them during their final journey. Companions offer patients a calming presence, deep compassion, and generous listening. Volunteers play an important role in providing social support and decreasing isolation that can so often occur for the terminally ill.
Volunteers are provided free training, TB test and drug screen and can work flexible hours that suit their individual schedules.
We serve facilities and single-family-home patients throughout Milwaukee and its suburbs including Brookfield, Cudahy, Oak Creek, Freedonia, Grafton, Cedarburg, Pewaukee, Sussex, Watertown, Glendale, Kenosha, Racine, Lake Geneva, Pleasant Prairie, St. Francis and more -- so volunteers can serve within 10-15 miles of their home.
Out of respect for the grieving process, volunteers are asked to wait 13 months after the death of a close friend or family member before volunteering.
To learn more about hospice volunteering call 262-785-1356 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers are the HEART of hospice!
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 1-2 hours a week
- Our training program comes to you!
- Veterans Visit Veterans - Hospice
- End of Life Hospice Volunteer
- Pet Therapy Volunteers --...
- Hospice Volunteer
- Share a meaningful journey -- be...
- Hospice Vigil Volunteers Needed
- Craft Facilitator - serving the...
- Visiting Pets -- lifting spirits...
- Friendly Visitor
- Music Volunteer - Share Your...
- Companion Volunteer - hospice
- COLLEGE STUDENTS -- earn service...