AseraCare Hospice seeks caring, compassionate individuals to spend an average of 1-2 hours per week visiting our terminally ill patients and their families. Volunteers spend sacred time together with patients and families by simply accompanying them during their final journey. Companions offer patients a calming presence, deep compassion, and generous listening. Volunteers play an important role in providing social support and decreasing isolation that can so often occur for the terminally ill.
Volunteers are provided free training, TB test and drug screen and can work flexible hours that suit their individual schedules.
We serve facilities and individuals in their own home throughout Milwaukee and its suburbs including Brookfield, Cudahy, Oak Creek, Freedonia, Grafton, Cedarburg, Pewaukee, Sussex, Watertown, Glendale, Kenosha, Racine, Lake Geneva, Pleasant Prairie, St. Francis and more -- so volunteers can serve within 10-15 miles of their home.
Volunteer opportunities are available throughout Southeastern Wisconsin including Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Waukesha, Racine, Kenosha and Walworth, Dodge, Washington, and Walworth Counties. There is an opportunity near you!
Please call Melanie at 262-785-1356 or visit our website, www.aseracare.com for more information about volunteering.
To learn more about hospice volunteering call 262-785-1356 or email email@example.com
Volunteers are the HEART of hospice!
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 1-2 hours per week
- Actors, Clowns, Jugglers,...
- Share a meaningful journey -- be...
- Share ART projects
- Bereavement Volunteers
- COLLEGE STUDENTS -- earn service...
- Veterans Visit Veterans - Hospice
- End of Life Hospice Volunteer
- Pet Therapy Volunteers --...
- History BUFFS
- Hospice Volunteer
- Reflections/ Life Review...
- Hospice Vigil Volunteers Needed
- Craft Facilitator - serving...
- Visiting Pets -- lifting spirits...
- Friendly Hospice Visitor in...
- Music Volunteer - Share Your...
- Companion Volunteer - hospice
- Musical Groups offer Harmony of...