Overview: Organize and help with the distribution of in-kind donations or collect new donations.
Schedule: This position is a time commitment of 3-4 hours a week for 3-4 months at a time. Shifts are available Monday through Friday 9:00 am-5:00 pm. Specific shifts will be coordinated with the Volunteer Coordinator.
Training and Support: Volunteers will receive a preliminary orientation with ongoing trainings. Detailed instruction and specific task training will be provided by the staff member assigned to work with volunteer. Volunteers are supervised by the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be reliable and responsible
- Must sign confidentiality agreement and liability release prior to beginning position
- Must be able to exhibit sound judgement when handling confidential and sensitive information
- Must be willing to support the mission of Sarah’s Circle by fulfilling obligations and completing tasks efficiently and in a timely manner
The Front Desk Assistant will:
- Taking inventory of current supplies and donations
- Organizing storage room
- Writing thank you notes to in-kind donors
- Keeping track of donations
- Assist with the distribution of donations (including overseeing clothing giveaways)
- Work with staff to identify items that are most in need
- Assist staff and other volunteers with other projects as needed
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- A couple hours once a week
- must be able to lift somewhat heavy boxes!