Hartford Resident with Blindness Needs a Guide to Medical Appointments
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
5 people are interested
A Hartford Resident with Blindness Needs a Guide to Medical Appointments during the day when family is not available. This person is very independent and a good traveler but may need someone to guide into and out from the office building. This can be a great opportunity to help a neighbor and make a friend with just a few hours per month.
Requirements to be a great volunteer include:
- a desire to help others;
- a pleasant demeanor;
- a good reading/speaking voice;
- average reading skills;
- organizational or planning abilities;
- a good driving record;
- a clear criminal history;
- two references
- access to a car with proof of insurance;
- a minimum of $50/100k liability and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Volunteers will be matched within three to five miles of home or work.
We'll work with your schedule.
New Park AvenueHartford, CT 06106
- Elder care
- Bus/Van Driving
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training