7 people are interested
The job of an Office Manager is multifaceted but his key responsibility is to facilitate staff members to operate effectively and efficiently. The primary duties include organizing and coordinating office procedures, operations, and resources to make easy organizational efficiency and effectualness. The office manager directly supervises clerical staff and assigns tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assigning and supervising clerical, secretarial, and administrative tasks and responsibilities among the office staff.
- Evaluating and managing staff performance, recruiting and selecting office staff.
- Coordinating office staff activities and allocating resources to ensure maximal efficiency and to enable task execution.
- Providing on the job role training, organizing training and orientation of new office members.
- Monitoring and establishing procedures for office record keeping and ensure the confidentiality and security of data.
- Designing and implementing filing systems to ensure that filing systems are correctly maintained.
- Preparing operational schedules and reports to ensure maximal efficiency.
- Designing and implementing office procedures and policies.
- Analyzing, monitoring internal processes, monitoring and maintaining office supplies inventory.
- Preparing time sheets, controlling correspondences, and updating organizational memberships.
- Reviewing and approving office supply acquisitions, handling customer complaints and inquiries.
- Executing policy and procedural changes to develop and improve operational efficiency.
- Maintaining a safe working environment, coaching, disciplining staff and managing internal staff relations.
- Liaising with other groups, agencies, and organizations.
Skills and Specifications
Knowledge of accounting, administrative and data management procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of clerical procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of management and business principles.
- Good problem analysis, assessment and communication skills.
- Judgment, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent planning, organizing, time and work management.
Education and Qualifications
- Degree in business or management field from an accredited institution.
- High school diploma with experience in administrative and supervisory activities
We'll work with your schedule.
In Prince George's CountyFort Washington, MD 21117
- Office Management
- People 55+